CCTR is the official home for conducting human subject research at MIT
At the CCTR, an MIT Core facility, you’ll find the resources and know-how you need to safely, efficiently, and successfully conduct human research, no matter the scope of your project. Our knowledgeable team of clinicians and scientists will guide you from the initial planning stages through data collection and analysis, and will position you to successfully navigate federally mandated regulations.
1: CCTR Consult
Schedule your initial CCTR consult.
2: Create your study budget
• Budget template
• Budget approval
3: REDCap account and IRB approval
• Finalize Research Design
• Request REDCap account
• Submit your protocol to COUHES for IRB approval
4: Study Initiation
• Create an ILab account
• Book your study initiation visit
• Schedule your first participant
Tour the CCTR
Want to set up a free, guided tour of the CCTR's spaces and facilities?
The CCTR is committed to:
- Ensure the utmost safety for human subjects on campus
- Actively foster medical device/diagnostic innovation through focused knowledge and resource cross-pollination
CCTR is a core facility that can provide services and expertise to a wide range of internal and external users, including:
- The internal MIT research community who are planning to conduct IRB/Regulatory approved human research studies or testing preclinical instrumentation devices available.
- External users and individuals from academia, government, industry, and our local startup community.